At NMR, we strongly encourage our children to have a uniform as it can play a key role in:
- promoting the ethos of our school
- providing a sense of belonging and identity
- setting an appropriate tone for education
- Grey skirt or pinafore dress, grey school trousers or shorts
- White shirt or polo shirt
- Navy plain/NMR sweatshirt or cardigan – NOT HOODED
- Navy plain/NMR fleece
- Summer – Navy checked dress
- Summer – Navy/white ankle socks (coloured socks are not acceptable)
- Winter – navy/white knee socks or tights, black/navy/grey or white socks (coloured socks are not acceptable)
- Black shoes – not trainers
- Navy/white hair accessories only
PE Kit (Required)
- Plain white T-shirt or NMR PE T-shirt
- Navy shorts
- Navy plain/NMR sweatshirt
- Navy or black tracksuit bottoms
If your child wears stud earrings please provide microtape (in a named box) for placing over the earrings during P.E. lessons.
For hygiene and safety reasons, long hair should be tied back at all times with a simple hair tie (no ornate hair grips/bands). Inappropriate hair styles are discouraged.
No jewellery except for watches. Earrings may be worn if they are simple studs however these will need to be removed or taped for PE.
No make up or nail varnish is permitted.
Ways to Order School Uniform and PE kit
It is not compulsory to have branded school uniform items; however, if you wish to purchase logo ‘ed items, you can do so using the link: Michael Hope uniform – if you have any queries please call Michael Hope on 01225 464648.
Non branded school uniform is available from all major supermarkets and stores and pre-loved uniform is available via The Friends of Nine Mile Ride.
Pencil Cases (Yrs1-6)
At the beginning of each academic year all children in Years 1 to 6 are asked to provide their own pencil case and stationary equipment to support their learning.
This enables pupils to develop independence, to recognise the importance of organisation and to take responsibility for their own belongings.
It would be appreciated if you could ensure pencil cases are checked and topped up on a regular basis and are replenished fully each half term.
Items required by pupils to support their daily learning are as follows:
- Writing pens (KS2 only)
- Purple pen
- Writing pencils
- Simple sharpener
- Whiteboard Pen
- Glue stick(s)
- Colouring pencils
- Yellow Highlighter